At a time when the news shouts of terrorism and shootings and you may be facing loss or disharmony in your team, organization and/or life, how can you experience the power of peace?
In another blog (stay tuned!) I identify Spiritual Intelligence as a key ingredient to individual and team success: “the ability to behave with wisdom and compassion (heart, love), while maintaining inner and outer peace, regardless of the situation.” (“Grace under fire” needs to be cultivated as a key characteristic of Executive Presence for leaders.)
Peace is always available/accessible to us, in any circumstance, “the Peace that passes understanding.”
Yet when I consider this world was created for all to be in harmony and peace and see the discrepancy with where we are, my heart breaks. Combined with this, I experience the pain of impending loss as a loved one begins to say farewell to this life.
I am inspired by the United Nations leaders I have the privilege of coaching, living and working in the world’s “hotspots”, in the midst of disruption and pain. How do they experience Peace?
Partly by knowing they are living out their purpose and vision and that of their organization: “to maintain international peace and security; to develop friendly relations among nations; to cooperate in solving international economic, social, cultural and humanitarian problems and in promoting respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms; and to be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations in attaining these ends.” That inspires me!
How can we experience Peace when our world does not seem to reflect it?Implement 5 Powerful Peace Plans today to thrive even in our tumultuous times!
1.Staying true to our values, purpose, vision. My UN and other leadership, team and mentor coaching clients inspire me to reflect on mine, making sure I am living them out. Integrity, living from values, contributes to inner peace! My Coaching SUPERvision clients find this focus renewing.
2. Gratitude: Recent research finds that people who practice gratitude consistently report a host of benefits (This has been taught spiritually for centuries!):
- Stronger immune systems and lower blood pressure
- Higher levels of positive emotions (including Peace, tranquility)
- More joy, optimism, and happiness
- Acting with more generosity and compassion
- Feeling less lonely and isolated.*
3. Choosing to put ourselves in settings where we open to Peace:
Some of my favorites (What are yours?):
- Creative expression, movement
- Quiet time, centering, praying. “The Fruits of the Spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, gentleness. Against such there is no law.”
4. Reflecting on a Peaceful Presence that is greater than ourselves-remembering we do not carry the weight of the world on our narrow shoulders Reaching out to God and others to share the load.(future blog!)
5. Ego disarmament (future blog!)
You are invited to apply for an Unlock Potential Strategy session to discover how:
- Executive Leadership Coaching with cutting edge Cultural Intelligence will benefit you, your team, and organization.
- My Culturally Confident Credentialing Mentor Coaching Program can expand your coaching business, better serve your clients, and gain confidence in not only your Coaching Competencies but also your Cultural Intelligence.
- To be a Direct Communicator without Crossing the Line
- I can add value through a program or presentation for your group
To our success, full potential, prosperity and peace-we are in this together!
Unlocking potential, prosperity and peace for leaders, coaches and their organizations through Leadership & Team Coaching, Mentor Coaching and Coaching Supervision
PS Watch my centering video -it calls us to remember (and we can give thanks for) all the gifts, experiences that have brought us this far and will be with us as we move forward, contributing to peace and grace under fire. (check out podcast interviews on that page as well)