Marilyn O’Hearne, MSW and International Coach Federation Master Certified Coach is a globally experienced, culturally intelligent executive and leadership, team and mentor coach. With Marilyn acting as their visionary thought partner, leaders and teams move from the overwhelm and uncertainty of our rapidly changing, culturally complex world to the clarity, focus, confidence and innovation needed for breakthrough results.
Her clients report renewed people (our greatest natural resource!) and energy/passion for their vision which lead to prosperity rather than burn out and costly loss of talent. Expanding capacity, including Cultural Intelligence, results in reduced conflict. Reduced conflict and talent loss contribute to Quadruple Bottom Line (Profit, People, Planet, Purpose) results, reflecting her strong commitment to stewardship. “Sharing Power, Building Trust, Promoting Peace” is how her Team Coaching clients describe their work with Marilyn.
Marilyn’s gentle strength, warmth, humor, integrity, and excellent communication skills promote the trust required for producing sustained results; providing a secure foundation while challenging clients to be their best. She quickly assesses a situation and co-develops a plan with her clients to achieve their goals and vision.
“After the assessment, we outlined specific goals for achievement (including communication). Not only did I improve in the targeted areas, but I also became clear about how my thinking patterns and emotions impacted my performance and productivity.”
Client list includes:
- National and international (clients in 28 countries)
- Public and private sector
- For and not for profit (NGO)
- Including: academic, engineering, health care, manufacturing, Environmental Protection Agency, talent and career management, the United Nations
- The Kansas Leadership Center: coach faculty and coach
- Training and mentoring 250+ coaches internationally
Marilyn has served as an adjunct professor of Organizational Behavior and International Business in Hong Kong and Malaysia and has also lived in Brazil and Spain.
- Two 3 year terms, Director, Global International Coach Federation Board
- Board member, the Association of Coach Training Organizations, 2013-2014
- Fellow, the RSA (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce)
Marilyn authored Breaking Free from Bias, Preventing Costly Complaints, Conflict and Talent Loss, has contributed to two coaching books, including Law and Ethics in Coaching (“The Intersection of Culture and Ethics”); has authored numerous articles including columns in The Kansas City Star newspaper and in The Brazil Herald/Latin American Daily Post, and is quoted by media sources.