- Are you ready for the future of coaching? Organizations are increasingly booking credentialed, culturally intelligent coaches through coach brokers. What are you doing to prepare for your future?
- Wanting to fully utilize your gifts as a coach for maximum impact, yet confused and/or overwhelmed by the credentialing process or cultural differences? (“It is impossible to not work interculturally!” Even in your own community! Marilyn)
- Or it is simply time to increase your confidence in your coaching and cultural competencies and the ICF credentialing process to go to the next level in your coaching? (99% credentialing success rate!).
- I am passionately committed to your mastery of the International Coach Federation coaching competencies in a culturally competent manner, as you confidently move through your credentialing and further develop your unique style.
- Experience this exclusive, cutting edge, business expanding, unique combination of coaching and cultural competencies!
Where will this take me?
An opportunity for you to:
- Earn more! Credentialed coaches reported higher fees and annual income, according to the 2012 ICF Price Waterhouse Cooper Global Coaching Study. An increasing trend is for corporations, governments, and organizations to require an ICF credential for their coaches. Do not miss out on business opportunities due to unknown cultural bias!
- Deepen and strengthen your coaching and cultural competency mastery; your unique style and confidence for greater impact with those you serve
- Completion of the 10 hour International Coach Federation mentor coaching requirement or Earn 10 hours ICF Continuing Coach Education of independent study toward membership renewal
- Receive impactful written and oral feedback from a Master Certified Coach and your colleagues from diverse trainings, styles, experience and backgrounds.
“I joined Marilyn’s Culturally Confidant Mentor Group program because I wanted to uplevel my coaching skills and feel better prepared to apply for my PCC accreditation. Marilyn’s mentor coach style is gentle yet direct which I deeply appreciated because she articulated the areas in which I could grow in a way that allowed me to stay open to feedback and she grounded it with some very practical techniques I could immediately apply with my clients. I noticed a BIG improvement in my skills and my clients did too! If you find it challenging to establish a solid agreement that also ties into the big picture AND help your client identify ways in which they can be accountable (without doing it for them), then please give yourself a gift and seriously consider working with Marilyn like I did. You owe it to yourself. You owe it to your clients. ” Jenna Stoliker
“I had the pleasure of participating in Marilyn’s Culturally Confident Virtual Mentoring Program, and grew my coaching skills and abilities by quantum leaps. The importance of our clients’ culture was crystallized as well and how they relate to the ICF coaching competencies which clearly sets apart this mentoring program from all the rest. Marilyn brings a vast amount of global coaching experience and a depth of cultural awareness, which served to teach us how to deepen the trust and understanding in the coaching relationship. I was told when I was looking for a mentor coach, that there was none better than Marilyn and they were right!” Anne Quiello
“Marilyn is a treasure and her Mentor Coaching Program is phenomenal. Marilyn brings her wisdom and expertise to the group with such compassion and openness that she eloquently enables each participant to grow and stretch and become a more confident coach. Marilyn is an excellent teacher and coach and her focus on cultural competencies and ICF core competencies will help each participant serve their clients more deeply while advancing the coaching profession. I highly recommend Marilyn and her mentor coaching program.” ~Dr. Eve Agee, Bestselling Author, Anthropologist and Founder of the Transform Coaching Academy
“I wish I had done this 10 years ago!” Jennifer Vogel. “Great value!” “Meant to be!”: other participants
What is offered in this 14 week program?
- 7 one hour live, recorded mentor group phone coaching sessions.
- 3 one hour live, recorded individual mentor coaching sessions
- These include recorded coaching session reviews (with clients’ permission)
- Practice coaching in between sessions with your peers
- Celebration of successes, and the joy of learning and development with your peers as you receive oral and written feedback!
- Cultural Competence in Coaching packet, based on my expertise in the field including 6 years on the ICF Global Board; the ICF Advance Cultural Competency Event Advisory Team, and co-authoring a chapter on “The Intersection of Culture and Ethics” in Law and Ethics in Coaching.
- Private Facebook group to interact with your peers and build community (from all over the world)
Group size is limited to a maximum of 10 participants for hourly group option Are you one of the 10?
Want to know more? Call me 1-913-327-0611 or Skype me marilyn.o.hearne
Program Agreement and Investment:
$1497 US for the 14 week program or contact me for other payment options
The group is a huge savings over individual mentoring: Half the price for a "two for one" (coaching +cultural competencies)! The investment for this program will be increasing!
Next group starting: January, 2018 (Sign up now to ensure your place and your investment in your business!): meeting seven times (8am Central Time, US, 10pm Shanghai, 2pm London; Thursdays January 25; February 8, 22; March 8, 22; April 5, 19) + 3 individual sessions to be scheduled between Marilyn and each coach participant at our mutual convenience.
Contact me to schedule your 3 individual coaching sessions as part of the program.
OR ask me about creating your own group of selected colleagues at your desired time!
Why choose me as your mentor coach?
- Our unique, exclusive integration of cultural and coaching competencies is designed to expand your reach and deepen your impact and service to your clients. I incorporate cultural competencies, recognizing and honoring the differences amongst cultures, in all my work. I have developed and use in this program a feedback form that integrates coaching and cultural competencies, as well as a 17 page Cultural Packet. I have lived and worked in other cultures, been trained at the Intercultural Communication Institute, coach United Nations leaders, participated in the Association of Coach Training Organization's (ACTO) Cultural Awareness, Power and Privilege Task Force, and served on the Advisory Team for the ICF Advance Cultural Competency Event.
- Confident ICF Credentialing: The vast majority of my advanced coaching students have surpassed expectations of not only passing their ICF exams but also ending up near the next level of credentialing. (For experienced coaches who have not yet gone through the credentialing process or need to renew their ACC or move to the next level of credentialing)
- I fell in love with coaching in '98, have served as trainer and mentor of hundreds of coaches (live and virtual, in 2 programs) since 2003 and earned my ICF MCC in 2005.
- 2015 Thomas Leonard Achievement Award Recipient: Honoring Visionary, Innovative Coaches
- I love to learn and completed training in 2013 in Immunity to Change; a new Team Coaching model and Doug Silsbee's Presence based coaching. In 2014 I spent 3 months in Asia Pacific, including presenting at the Asia Pacific Coaching Conference and receiving my Advanced Diploma in Deep Transformational Coaching in Bali while contributing to that training. 2015 I participated in an Afro-Cuban Cultural Tour of Cuba to learn about that culture.
- I easily stay up to date on coaching trends as a leader in the profession. I completed my 6 years on the ICF Global Board in December 2012, followed by ACTO board service. See the ICF website, www.coachfederation.org for more information on credentialing requirements and mentoring.
- Clients and trainees describe me as “a gentle, spiritual soul, and yet powerful and provocative at the same time.” “Marilyn’s gentle strength, warmth, humor, integrity, and excellent communication promote the trust required for producing sustained results; providing a secure foundation while challenging clients to be their best.”
- I have created an entire 7 hour course to fully address the ICF Core Competency of Direct Communication, starting with cultural differences. Sign up with the MOH code for the next class! "I can really see how the Direct Communications course is helping me improve in *every* competency. As I continue to build my practice, this course is turning out to be one of the most valuable I have taken!" —Becky Blitch
- While participants with different spiritual beliefs are drawn to our program, I am a Certified Master Christian Coach and Assessor through Christian Coaching Network International.
- May 2018 Global Coaching Supervision Certification
My program is designed to strengthen key competencies and areas for development that exam assessors, including myself, have identified. This mentor group coaching experience is designed to hone competencies which typically are overlooked, including Direct Communication, while increasing your confidence in both competencies: coaching and culture.
You qualify for this program if you:
- Currently are coaching
- Have either completed or are close to completing the other ICF ACC, PCC or MCC requirements. Click here for a PDF of requirements.
- Have completed a minimum of 60 hours coach training and 100 hours of coaching
Note: As you can see on the link above, if you have completed an ICF ACTP (Accredited Coach Training Program), your mentor coaching requirement has been satisfied. If, like me, you graduated from a program before it was ACTP (1999 for me!) and/or received your training through a variety of programs and are applying for ICF credentials as a PA (Portfolio Applicant), or through an ACSTH that does not offer mentor coaching, you will need 10 hours of mentor coaching, 7 of which can be in a group. If you are applying for ACC renewal, you will need 10 more mentor coaching hours. If you aspire to achieve MCC status, you will need to be mentored by an MCC. Or you may just want the development opportunity in a select community of coaches, with the added cultural edge!
Why the ICF credential? An ICF credential demonstrates rigor, integrity, and increased opportunities, is internationally recognized and, with some organizations, required.
Contact me to register for the mentor coaching group and to schedule your 3 individual coaching sessions
Since I started coaching with Marilyn, I have reached all my short-term goals. She has an instinctual ability to draw out the essential element that I truly must focus on. There is no room to waiver and my energies as well as hers are focused on my next best step to the top. She is a fabulous partner. Indeed, the Master Coach and clear communicator. Being a Life/Wellness coach myself, I am wise enough to know that every coach needs a coach. I can think of no better person to fill the role as that of Marilyn. She brings a whole new level and integrity to coaching. Without her, I could not be confidently reaching for my stars." —Suzanne Nance